What a great way to get your daily dose of Matcha powder in a delicious cheesecake. Not so much healthy, but still has the benefits of matcha powder. Also it’s super easy to make and rather quick with no baking required! (Recipe at the bottom of the post).
Matcha is packed with antioxidants, boosts metabolism and burns calories, detoxifies effectively and naturally, calms the mind and relaxes the body, is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins and also enhances mood and aids in concentration. Its also a lovely taste -very similar to green tea but more stronger.
1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
65 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 200g digestive biscuits
300 grams cream cheese, room temperature
100 grams icing sugar
2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
1/4 cup lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
2 1/2 tablespoon cold water
Extra matcha green tea powder, for dusting
- First, make the base of the cheesecake. Mix together the melted butter, the digestives and matcha green tea powder, then press them into the bottom of an 8-inch spring form pan. Then place this in the fridge while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the matcha green tea powder and the icing sugar and combine together. Then add lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Mix together the gelatin and water in a small bowl and heat in a pan until reached boiling point. Add the gelatin to the mixture, and mix them together with an electric mixer until fully combined.
- Pour the filling on top of the biscuit base and return to the fridge to chill until set (approx. 3 hours).
- Carefully remove the cake from the spring form pan by running a sharp knife around the edges of the cake, then release the sides of the pan and carefully slide off the cake.
- Place some matcha green tea powder into a mesh sieve and dust over the entire surface. And Enjoy!
Please comment and like if you enjoyed this post.